Process Engineering and Plant Support
- Initiate, set up, schedule and lead beneficiation studies (e.g. bleaching, flotation, electrostatic- and magnetic separation, sensor based sorting, flocculation, etc.)
- Process research & development (R&D) projects
- Evaluate processability of mineral deposits in close cooperation with regional geology and mining departments (execution of laboratory, pilot plant and production
- Manage and maintain beneficiation project budgets and schedules.
- Be an expert in identifying, diagnosing and predicting beneficiation characteristics of an ore
- Ensure the quality (accuracy and precision) of analyses
- Document and present project results in technical reports, presentations and databases
- Coordinate mineral processing laboratories for beneficiation activities
- Develop synergies and support other technical departments (e.g. Geology, Mining, Instrumentation, Advanced Control, etc.) and regional teams with
- Contribute with beneficiation related knowledge to advancing plant instrumentation and automation;
- Cooperate with all regions regarding beneficiation tasks
- Survey/audit beneficiation operations worldwide and recommend improvements
- Trouble shoot plant problems, as required
- Develop, intensify and coordinate knowledge exchange with external research facilities, consultants and suppliers
- Identify and evaluate emerging and key development trends in the field of minerals processing
Knowledge Sharing & Expertise
- Provide technical information to companies with whom agreements are in place.
- Assist in preparing Capital Asset Requests and discuss necessity of requests with appropriate manager(s).
- Assist in implementing new systems, as necessary.
- Provide support and direction to regional Project Engineers
- Organize and conduct trainings related to beneficiation processes, sampling, data analysis,
Environmental Health & Safety
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized workspace and equipment state in accordance with
- Actively contribute to the safety work.
- Carry out risk evaluations, define safety measures.
- Develop operating instructions and ensure their acceptance