Market Development & Innovation Director Construction - Region Europe
- Take on full ownership and lead Omya's market development & innovation activities for segment Construction in region Europe in line with global segment strategy and priorities.
- Effectively manage priorities of members of the CON MDI team in region Europe in line with regional segment priorities and global segment strategy.
- Identify new business opportunities for segment CON in region Europe and translate into action (initiate innovation project, push M&A and appropriate new distribution business)
- Establish strong relationships with regional sales teams in region Europe. Introduce prioritized market development & innovation concepts and programs and transition ownership of developing new business to local sales teams after effective training and support.
- Deliver proposals for new product innovation to the global team Innovation & Technical Marketing (ITM), deliver ideas about new business opportunities for existing products to the global team Business Development (BD), escalate issues and conflicts to the Vice President Sales Segment, if needed.
- Develop and entertain external network for technical and market intelligence (first line support for “facts & figures" related info)
- Provide guidelines, effective sales tools, value propositions, brochures & training to sales (both for new and for recently launched/young products). Support development and use of strong value selling skills among regional sales teams.
- Promote externally new products in the region (active participation in trade shows and conferences)
- Link global segment functions with key customers, trade associations, NGO's & academia in the region
- Drive regional specific adaptation of new products
- Coordinate pilot/scale-up activities in the region
- Manage target customer validations in the region
- Assess regional specific value pricing / pricing concepts
- Interface with Production and Supply Chain to ensure regional availability of new and young products
- Interface with IP (patent department) and product regulatory to ensure legal compliance for putting new product on the market
- Perform people management duties, including leadership, succession planning, hiring, training, coaching , communication, organizational development (structure and process), personal development etc of direct reports, in coordination with Regional VP MDI, Goup Sales Segment and HR Business Partner
- Academic degrees (min. bachelor or equivalent) in both economics/business administration and in technical/engineering
- Minimum one master's degree in either economics / business administration or technical/engineering
- Minimum 5 years of relevant business experience, ideally in the area of products/technologies/markets, relevant to segment CON
- Personality with a strong entrepreneurial spirit and demonstrated success in Product Management or Business Development
- Project Management skills and proven track record of successful execution of complex projects
- Proven effective leadership and communication competencies including the ability to interact effectively and sensitively with individuals from a range of backgrounds and at all levels
- Good command of English, additional languages particularly relevant local languages) are a plus
- Experience in a management position for a similar business/industry in multinational companies.
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking
- Effective team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills.
- Strong people management skills.
- Ability to work independently with high level of self-motivation
Omya (Schweiz) AG